April 15, 2017
Ben Lindbergh and Jeff Sullivan banter about Mike Trout topping the WAR leaderboard, Stephen Wright’s vulnerability to the elements, and baseball-player social media behavior, then talk about the increase in game times in 2017, the factors slowing pace of play, and the coming of the pitch clock.
- Mike Trout, WAR king on Baseball-Reference
- Stephen Wright bad in heat or rain
- Matt Adams
- Fake athlete social media accounts
- Pitch clocks and pace of play
The New Pornographers, "Clockwise"
Jefferson Airplane, "Won’t You Try/Saturday Afternoon"
- Mike Trout takes lead in WAR on Baseball-Reference
- Stephen Wright is called out because in any moisture he is bad according to coach John Farrell
- Matt Adams in St. Louis Cardinals outfield (bad)
- Briefly touched on athletes; fake social media accounts and how it's a great idea
- They begrudgingly bring up the Reds due to Eugenio Suárez being in top 10 in WAR.
- Tommy Pham liked Dave Cameron's article about Adams being bad in OF and Pham's deserving chance.
- Pitch clocks were, in part, responsible for AA and AAA games being sped up by just over 10 minute0.s