July 12, 2017
Ben Lindbergh and Jeff Sullivan banter about Aaron Judge’s Home Run Derby performance, a subtle change in the way Rob Manfred talked about the baseball at the All-Star Game, and the Angels’ stats with and without Mike Trout. Then they make it two consecutive episodes of talking to a Glenn by bringing on UC Irvine professor and baseball researcher Glenn Healey to discuss the mechanics and implications of his new method of comparing pitchers based on their stuff.
- Home Run Derby
- Los Angeles Angels before and after Mike Trout injury
- Pitcher Similarity
Of Montreal, "One of a Very Few of a Kind"
Lord Huron, "I Will Be Back One Day"
- Home run derby reactions
- Aaron Judge & Giancarlo Stanton
- Rob Manfred 'State of Baseball' address
- Only 55% of polled Fangraphs users could identify the Angels with or without Trout by stats
- Derek Jeter injury for a month and half in 2003 at very start of season played .700 without him, .600 with him (Eric Almonte was replacement)
- Judge vs Stanton: Stanton average exit velocity in 2015 - 95.9, 2016- 93.9, 2017- 90.8
- In 2016 most similar RHP were Matt Harvey and Shelby Miller; most similar LHP were John Niese and Chris Rusin
- In 2016 least similar RHP were Brad Ziegler Marco Estrada; least similar LHP Zack Britton and Tommy Malone