August 24, 2012
Ben and Sam discuss Austin Jackson’s excellent catch, whether he’s the best defensive center fielder in baseball, and whether it’s even possible to decide one way or another, then dissect Seattle’s eight-game winning streak to see if it’s the start of something good or a fluke that will soon be forgotten.
- Austin Jackson
- Debating player ability in the sabermetric era
- Seattle Mariners
Terry Cashman, "Talkin' Baseball"
At pat corbin. revisiting from 27. low upside compared to skaggs.
- Sam: "We are on the cusp of a weekend, which, I know, means all of our listeners have one thing on their mind; Ben Lindbergh will you once again be lounging topless beside a pool in upstate New York this weekend?"
- When compared to offense, judging defensive ability may still rely more on the eye test.
- Peter Bourjos is used as a defensive point of comparison for Austin Jackson.
- Mariners have won 14 of their last 15 home games.