January 14, 2014
Ben and Sam discuss hypothetical questions about Mike Trout, Barry Bonds, Mark Mulder and more.
- Barry Bonds - What would he hit as a DH in 2014?
- What will Mike Trout hit against RHP if he starts switch-hitting right now?
- If Alex Rodriguez goes to Japan, what are the chances he breaks the all-time home run record there?
- If Mark Mulder comes out of retirement, what will he do?
- If the Dodgers sent Clayton Kershaw to their Low-A team in the Midwest League and make him their closer, what will his stats be in 70 innings?
- Would either Johnny Damon & Bobby Abreu be replacement level now?
Sparks, "I Predict"
- Ben's nap
- Happy Birthday to Sam's dad
- Though the episode deals with hypotheticals, they were not submitted by listeners.
- Sam introduces the theme as being an "all-predictions episode," causing Ben to groan, given his dislike for having to make predictions, especially "bold" ones.
- Sam, on Ben's responses: "I don't think that you respected this exercise enough".