September 12, 2012
Ben and Sam discuss whether the Phillies’ recent run of success should affect our expectations for the team in 2013, then talk about a potential scheme to get drafted pitchers into big-league bullpens quickly.
- Does the Philadelphia Phillies recent run change predictions for 2013?
- Use of pitching prospects in the bullpen
Engine shutting down sound clip
- The Honda Fit door is open.
- It is 'in the discussion' season with regard to awards consideration.
- The Phillies have won 14 of their last 18 games and are back to .500.
- Sam proposes a self professed "stupid idea" that teams immediately put high draft pick (rounds 1-3) pitchers immediately in the bullpen, skipping the minor leagues. This would allow teams to make sure they get something out of these prospects, who may not pan out or become long term starters for any number of reasons.