September 15, 2014
Ben and Sam compare Kershaw to Pedro and discuss Ned Yost’s bullpen usage, Russell Martin’s fitness, and Jenrry Mejia’s save celebration.
- Ned Yost's reliever usage
- Postseason managerial moves
- Jenrry Mejia's save celebration
V.I.C., "Wobble Baby"
- Episode 473 follow-up: Nick Markakis' chances of getting MVP votes
- Annual articles about how Russell Martin is in the best shape of his life
- The Pittsburgh Pirates have the fewest games lost to injury this season.
- A listener wrote in to say that the ball is almost always thrown out after an infield grounder.
- Clayton Kershaw's dominance and comparing him to Pedro Martinez
- This season Clayton Kershaw's second worst game score was 56. That is the average game score for Stephen Strasburg.
- Kershaw's ERA this season is 1.70. In 2000 Pedro Martinez finished the season with a 1.74 ERA.
- While Mejia's save celebration could have upset some players, Sam thinks that "if you get away with it once you're good forever."